Stellenausschreibung: Postdoctoral Researcher Eastern Christianity
Are you an enthusiastic scholar who has earned his/her first merits on the scholarly track of Eastern Christianity? Are you motivated to work in a team to further develop the scientific profile and valorization activities of the Institute of Eastern Christian Studies (IECS/IvOC) in Nijmegen? As postdoctoral researcher you will contribute significantly to the realization of the aims of IECS.
- You are an enthusiastic scholar, a good team player with ambition in the area of research and teaching.
- You hold a PhD degree in a subject related to the subject of Eastern Christianity (disciplines such as Science of Religious Studies, Church History, Philology, Philosophy, Theology).
- You have an academic reputation in the field of Eastern Christianity, ideally to be demonstrated by publications in relevant (international) journals.
- You are actively involved in an international network in the field of research, academic and/or ecumenical cooperation.
- You have relevant experience in raising funds for research.
- You have at least two years’ experience in research and education on a university level in the field of Eastern Christianity.
- Besides specialization on particular subjects, you show a general sensitivity for current developments in the world of Eastern Christianity.
- You are a good teacher, like to work with students, and are able to coordinate academic courses and educational programs.
- You are able to inspire PhD-students.
- You have an excellent knowledge of the English language and you are willing to learn Dutch if this is not your native language. Knowledge of other modern languages is a recommendation; knowledge of at least one further language relevant for sources and Orthodox contexts (preferably not a Slavonic language) is presupposed.
Gross monthly salary: scale 10, €2,846 - €4,490, based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience, plus 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus, following the CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten.
Duration: temporary employment for 24 months; an extension of the employment period is possible under conditions of successful fundraising.